Thursday, September 1, 2011

Melbourne: The Most Livable City

Melbourne, the capital of Victoria state in Australia, has been rated as the most livable city in the World in a recently conducted survey which is carried out twice a year. Melbourne has overtaken Vancouver, a Canadian city which has been up there at the top according to survey for the past decade or so. It is a remarkable achievement for Melbourne to be the world's most livable city out of so many big names- a list in which a city like London is placed at number 53.

Exactly a month ago at this time, I was in a bed at Hilton Hotel, Melbourne. Although a short trip of around 4 days, the memories of Melbourne are going to stay with me forever. Having been there just about a month ago, I can definitely rate it as a livable city.

The fact that you will find a lot of interracial people coming from all over the world is one proof of Melbourne's magnetic influence upon masses. You will find a lot of strangers like me walking in the Melbourne City, capturing the sensational locations in their cams, and sitting anywhere the want at anytime of the day or night, without having any sort of fear. Even the birds are 'Human friendly' :)

I will not go into detail of what I was up to during the 4 days that I spent in 'the most livable City', as they call it now, because it might not interest the readers. However, I would like to acknowledge some of the experiences that I had while at Eureka Skydeck 88, On Ferry across the Yarra river, exploration of the City alone on foot without knowing where I was heading to, late midnight dinner at Crown Plaza , Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG) and the time at Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Center- one of the largest of its kind across the whole country.


There was an Old man with me on the ferry who had his mother in the hospital on the previous night due to heart attack but he was sight-seeing the next very day alone without any sign of worry. He told me to continue my higher medical education from Australia. Since Melbourne is now the most Livable City on the planet, I think there will be a lot more people like me from various parts of the globe belonging to diverse fields, to consider the advice of the old man much seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment